Web Design services for those looking for something a little different…
We can configure your website for you and let you take over, or create a monthly maintenance package that is unique to your business needs.
- Website design that is responsive (mobile and tablet compliant)
- Evaluate and/or integrate current search engine optimization (SEO) strategies
- Connect and configure Google Tag Manager
- Connect and configure Google Analytics
- Connect and configure Google Webmaster
- Blog set up
- Content recommendations
- Image sourcing and recommendations
- Connect to social media accounts
- Suggest plug-in capabilities
- Plug-in set-up
- We also offer training services to ensure you can continue SEO, blog and social media goals.
- We can create the website and obtain the domain name for you
You can decide whether you want to continue maintaining your website on your own, or whether you would like to use our ongoing monthly maintenance service.
Training and Troubleshooting
- We also offer training services to ensure you can continue with SEO, blog and social media goals.
- Call us to troubleshoot your current WordPress website! We will evaluate your website to find the problem.
Some people like to go it alone. We understand the independent, entrepreneurial spirit, that’s why we created a checklist for you…
When designing a website consider the following:
- Consider what Content Management System you would like to use. Wordpress is by far the most popular, but you can also consider Joomla and Drupal. There are a lot of other free sources out there but free sometimes carries a cost of a lot less capability or it can mean that your website will be littered with advertisements. Choose carefully.
- Also consider search engine optimization. There is a plug-in for that so download it and read the instructions carefully. Ensure your titles, and meta descriptions are filled out. My favourite plug-ins include “All in One SEO” and “Yoast”.
- Use the SEO plug-in to enable and set up Open Graph capabilities and/or Schema.org in the social media settings. They determine how search engines interpret and categorize your website pages, and how your content is displayed.
- Make sure you add headings to your copy and investigate what copy will resonate with your demographic before you type the first word. Utilize headings (h1, h2, h3) effectively. H1 is heading one and should reflect the url. Everything else that follows is a logical part of that particular subject.
- Content is a big factor in search engine rankings, so take your time with it and determine what is of interest to your demographic. You know Google has an answer for everything so Google away! There are tools for a more in-depth search but they do carry a cost.
- Colours can compliment or confuse, so use them well and sparingly. Create contrast by using pops of colour against a neutral tone such as black, white, or gray. Give people a break from too much colour which can make it difficult to read copy or stay engaged. Too much colour also tends to look less professional.
- Have a font that is a decent size and is easy to read. Stay away from cursive for main content and ensure that the colour of the font is dark enough for people to read. Take a look at your website from your desk chair and do the squint test from a reasonable distance. If you feel the need to squint, your font is too small.
- Break up your content whenever possible. Everyone is pressed for time and no one likes to try to navigate paragraph upon paragraph. You will lose them fast! The same goes for blog posts. We all love lists, and for good reason. They are easy to quickly review.
- Consider the best social media platforms for you demographic.
We do not believe in being the same as everyone else! We love to discover new territory, and incorporate different ideas and methodologies into our viewpoint and design.
It isn’t difficult when you love what you do!
Find out more about marketing at JG Lea Marketing Research…