Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is all about finding out what matters to your clients or potential clients and fulfilling that need. Here are some important points we consider when evaluating social media for any business…
- Before the process begins, it is essential to look at what has and has not worked in the past. Look at the engagement of previous posts or tweets to see what resonates the most with your audience.
- Don’t assume that what works on one social media platform can work on another. Adjust your message to the culture of each social media platform.
- People often get hung up on the number of followers which is understandable given the pressure associated with growing that list everywhere you turn. However, engagement is more important than the number of followers. High engagement also creates more retweets, likes, and shares, which in turn creates more followers. Engagement should be the ultimate goal.
- Don’t post, share or tweet just to post, share or tweet. There is pressure to keep a constant stream of information coming but try not to get sucked into this pressure so much that you are sending useless information to followers.
- Don’t post a joke at the expense of anyone.
- Profanity is a hard “no”. This is a “never do that” type of scenario, even if it seems engaging or funny. Unless you’re Amy Schumer and funny is your business…no.
- Key to engagement is finding out which social media platforms your demographic engages with the most.
- Know your industry! Have an eye out to the future so you can let potential clients know about important industry related news.
- Give advice away for free. Anything that you would want to let a friend know about the industry you should share with your followers. Who doesn’t like getting information and guidance for free?
Social media marketing can be, and in a lot of cases, is a full time job. This is why it is essential to target the right audience so you can put all of your resources into the social media channel that your demographic uses and engages in the most. It is important to write your own content from time to time so that people understand more about what you represent. It is equally important to know the culture of each social media channel. There are some that are more relaxed and others in which you have to use a more professional tone. Things that fly in one realm, fall flat in another. Take the time to get to know what works and what doesn’t before diving in!
At JG Lea Web Design we ensure that we have this information at hand so you don’t waste time on a social media platform that won’t yield good returns for your business goals. Everyone is short on time, so it is essential to make sure your time is well spent in the right social media realm. Creating needed balance, and investing your time in all the right places will yield big returns!
Social Media Monitoring
We look at it all so you can respond to positive or negative feedback in a timely manner. This empowers you and bridges the gap in communication, enabling you to forge stronger relationships with your current and future clients.
Knowing what is being said about your company is more important than the next advertisement or promotion and well worth the investment.
Create content that is engaging, simple and streamlined for each social media platform. What works for one will not work for all.